Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Comfort

I started writing a blog a week ago about how embarrassing it was to be crying so much in front of people and my nervousness/ anxiousness about an upcoming doctor's appointment. I was about to express that side of my emotions until the Lord did a work in me where on Monday I somehow felt instantly better. I now actually feel like myself again (for the most part), which as you can see in my previous blog I thought I wouldn't feel like that for a long time! Well praise God. I do feel tremendously better and think that today is the first day I have gone without crying at all. Not that I couldn't still cry at the drop of a hat like if I were to watch Marley & Me for example.

I have so much to be thankful for and am trying to concentrate on the good thoughts. I have also found great comfort in talking with other women who have had miscarriages (some multiple) and know that most of them ended up having healthy babies thereafter. I also have found comfort in certain women from my assembly who have gone beyond their own comfort zones to be there for a mourning "mother". I credit the Lord and all the prayers that have gone out for me and Timm for the reason for me feeling so much better and for my eagerness to write about His work in my life. I do look forward to trying again when the time is right and if it is in the Lord's will.

I recently heard a sermon saying that the Lord puts you through trials because He loves you. These trials are put into place to make you more like Him and bring you closer to Him as you go through the difficulty because when you persevere you come out stronger and more mature on the other side of the struggle. I just want this blog to be an encouragement to anyone who is going through a trial themselves right now, for it seems like there are a number of people around me who are facing life changing difficulties right now.

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

1 comment:

  1. I just think its amazing that looking back while I was feeling so sad while writing this, I was actually currently pregnant and didn't know it. The Lord had planned for me to have a baby come into this world, it just happened to be with my second pregnancy, with my baby boy.

    ReplyDelete