Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pregnancy Weeks 21 & 22

Week 21 - This was the week I went back for my, what I think was my, last ultrasound for this pregnancy.  Kinda sad, but at least there is nothing serious that I need to keep going back to get more ultrasounds for.  It was great to see him again and see how much he's grown even in just the past 3 weeks.  He looks a lot more "plump" and so baby like in the 2D ultrasound.  We had the 4D done again, just for fun at the discretion of the tech, and it is a little strange, but so intriguing at the same time.  

When you look at the 4D photos you will see there is something cutting across the front of his face and no it is not a gaping hole in his head, but probably the umbilical cord or an arm.  The other appendage you see to his left is his arm, whether it is left or right I can't quite tell.

One thing you can see clearly in this photo is how adorably cute his lips are!  They look a lot fuller than Judah's but I guess you never know until the baby comes out.  Just 3 1/2 months left!



Week 22 - This is the week that my back started to hurt.  I will occasionally get sharp stabbing pains in my lower back and it is probably from a combination of lifting Judah and my poor posture.  At least I can fix my posture, lifting Judah I will just have to limit.  The backpain radiates into my tail bone but not quite as bad as it did when I was pregnant with Judah.  Another symptom that started this week was leg cramps.  Once again, with Judah, the leg cramps were horrendous.  Somedays I could not even walk when I got out of bed, but so far with this pregnancy it hasn't been unbearable.  I just remember to flex my foot backwards and it eases up pretty quickly.  Of course he has been moving like crazy as well!

Judah was so sick for a month but is finally starting to get better so that has been a relief to me since I was lacking great amounts of sleep and dishing out tons of money for doctor's appointments and Rx's, so I am thankful that is over.  I am just looking forward now to enjoying the rest of my pregnancy with Judah by giving him all my undivided attention while I can and it is such a pleasure.  I am so thankful to have him as my son.

I am now officially 23 weeks and 5 days today!

No comments:

Post a Comment