Monday, August 8, 2011

Autonomy

Lately, I have been letting Judah have a little more free reign around the house.  As he grows he is ever more curious and must satiate his desire to see what is behind or inside everything.  Unfortunately I am somewhat of a neat freak, which makes it hard to let go and see parts of the apartment get occasionally destroyed, but, with a baby that is obviously kind of hard to prevent.  In spite of my need to be tidy I have been trying to loosen up a bit and let Judah "discover" things on his own in hopes that it will help him learn about his environment and to help him grow intellectually.  Not to mention I have been trying to let him feed himself with a spoon.  You can only imagine how that turns out; but how else will he learn right? Alas, let's see what he's been getting into...

"Breakfast time, on my own!"

Judah in the beginning stages of emptying his toy box.

Inspecting the contents of the unloaded goodies.

Sharing with mommy his discovery of the red scooper spoon.

Night befalls and even after a bath and pajama change, it doesn't end there.

Emptying the bookcase: a classic baby discovery move.

"Mommy's favorite thing to do before bed is clean up every toy in my room.  Or is it kiss me goodnight?"
Yes it is kissing you goodnight sweetie, but I still love you soooo much! I love you, Judah!

No comments:

Post a Comment