Friday, March 5, 2010

21.5 Weeks and counting

(March 5, 2010)

Wow, almost 22 weeks. Seems like so much time has gone by, yet there's still so much time ahead of me! One thing is for sure is that once you reach that 20 week mark you usually have less than 20 weeks left and I am sure that the last month will fly by with all the doctor's appointments and setting up there is to be done. For those who are wondering how far 22 weeks is, its about 5 1/2 months, which on a 9 month scale would leave me with 3 1/2 months left...wrong! If you look at the calendar of my due date July 11, 2010 its more like having 4 months and 1 week left, so its all a bit confusing. If you do go by the 40 week calendar and count a month at every 4 weeks, then you're technically pregnant for 10 months, throwing that 9 month rule thing out the window. I personally prefer to go by the 10 month scale simply because it makes it feel like time is going by faster. Faster for me to see my baby, which by the way, I found out the sex! ITS A BOY! And yes we do have a name, a good strong one too, its Judah Isaac!

(March 23, 2010)

Okay, I just had my 6 month appointment! Everything is right on target, my belly was measured at 24 cm and I'm 24 weeks =) So I am so happy everything is going to a T, but I am so ready to just have my baby! I know I am going to grow a lot more too, but its all worth it. I am looking so forward to meeting him, learning his personality, and sharing the love that I have had saved for him before I ever knew I would have him grow inside me.

Truly the second trimester is definitely the "honeymoon period" of pregnancy. I have felt so good that I forget sometimes that I am pregnant! My belly is very manageable and I can still bend over and get around with ease. Although, sometimes if I'm sitting in a chair for a long time my legs will get tired and it'll be hard to stand up but that's it. The only other challenges I felt physically lately is nausea is rearing its ugly head again on and off, but mainly off thank goodness. The doctor said that is totally normal and can happen with all the changing hormones. I would say that one thing that is surprising me lately is how much weight I am gaining. I am gaining weight daily it seems, since prepregnancy I have gained over 20 lbs! I personally know that I don't look it but I still have 3 months or so to gain more weight and that's the time that I'd gain the most, so I'm a little afraid of just how much weight I'll have to lose post pregnancy, but like I said, its all worth it!

I have to say this, another part of being in the latter half of the second trimester is that I am getting a lot of belly stares, and its not like I can really hide my belly anymore but please for my sake and for other pregnant women's sake, please do not treat it like an object! I get tons of comments all the time at work about how my belly looks rather than asking me about what's inside it. I know that when someone is pregnant it can be fascinating to a lot of people but please be sensitive and remember that we pregnant ladies can feel fat, tired, moody, sometimes not that pretty, large, stretched out, uncomfortable, in pain, and protective just to name a few. So say a kind word about how good we look, if you really mean it, and maybe some words of encouragement to get us through the day cause some days are harder than others especially when you have never successfully had a baby before. Also we know we look big so there is no need to remind us of how enormous we will be getting once we're closer and closer to our due dates. Point is, be mindful of what you say cause we aren't objects =)

Lastly, you may be wondering, am I nervous to go through delivery? Do I think, will I be a good parent? How will we make it financially? I just have one answer for all of this and for anyone else who may be in a similar situation and that is that the Lord has forseen this and allowed this and because of that He will provide in every way that we need. Psalm 37:25 I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. Now this doesn't mean that I dont' struggle with this or that I or anyone else can just coast through life saying "well I'm a Christian, I'm set for life, the Lord won't allow me to suffer too bad", it means that you must truly have faith that He will provide and obey His commands.

Also remember:

Matthew 6:25-34 ...Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? WHO OF YOU BY WORRYING CAN ADD A SINGLE HOUR TO HIS LIFE? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. ...If that is how GOD clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown in to the fire, will HE not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment