|I would have included an inside of the pie pic, but it never comes out looking professional. But it tastes professional. : )|
2 lbs beef or 1 lb beef/1 lb pork or turkey
3 tspn allspice (level it off)
2 tspn salt
2 pie crusts - top/bottom (store bought or home made)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Line pie plate with bottom crust.
3. Cook meat completely and drain grease. (If the meat is lean I tend to not drain the grease only because the pie will come out dry and crumbly.)
4. Meanwhile cook potatoes in separate pot until mashable. (Like you were going to make mashed potatoes.)
5. Mix in the spices and potatoes with the meat.
6. Pour meat, spice, potatoe mixture into bottom crust and then place top crust on top.
7. Spread a very thin layer of milk on top of shell to keep it from burning - about 1 tbspn. (Sometimes I skip this step if I'm in a hurry.)
8. Cook for 35-40 min in oven, let cool, and enjoy!