Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pregnancy Weeks 27, 28, 29 & 30!

My belly at 32.3 weeks.


Week 27 - This week marks the beginning of my third trimester. This is going way back now, but symptom wise, I think I was feeling pretty good.  I had a few friends stop in this week so that kept me company and kept those pregnancy blues away.  The hormonal blues have definitely crept up on me this pregnancy and really its no fun, for anyone. But this too shall pass.

Week 28 - This week I had my prenatal check up and glucose test.  I had been psyching myself out with drinking the glucola drink for the month that it was sitting in my fridge.  When it came time to drink limondex, after my breakfast of two scrambled eggs on a waffle and a small glass of milk, I decided to chug it.  The drink turned out not bad at all and oddly enough I almost enjoyed it.  Luckily I passed my glucola test with flying colors.  I weighed in at around 165 this time and got to have another ultrasound.  Mind you this ultrasound was on one of those old machines so, not very clear.  I did like how my doctor commented that he was getting so big that he didn't fit in the screen anymore! : )

Week 29 - This week along with past weeks, marks just how bad my back pain has become.  It feels nearly impossible to turn over from side to side.  I usually feel fine during the day, but the pressure from the baby must really weigh on my back when I lie down. (Now as I write this at 32.3 weeks, its getting hard to even shift positions while standing, whether it be putting my socks on or stepping in and out of the tub to shower).

Week 30- This week was a week of symptoms.  I have had the worst restless legs.  Sitting through a movie is near impossible without having to get up and walk around or stretch my legs out and turn my ankles or anything to keep my legs moving.   I also have been experiencing mild leg cramps.  With Judah my leg cramps were horrible to the point where when I got out of bed I could hardly walk.  Luckily this time around I only need to bend my feet back to relieve the pressure only on occasion rather than every night.  I have also had major pressure from the baby when he decides to get cozy in a certain spot on either side of my belly.  The pressure is almost painful, especially if I'm trying to stand up since he feels like he's right under my rib cage.    
     The most significant symptom that has started is Braxton Hicks contractions.  I am not sure I got them this early with Judah, but I do get them whenever I sit up, which is exactly the same way I got BH with Judah.  The sensation is odd since your whole belly tightens. When I first started noticing them I didn't think that it was BH because of how much pressure the baby has been putting on my belly, but I thought to myself that he couldn't make my entire belly this hard, so I figured BH must have started!

I'm officially 32 weeks and 3 days today!

1 comment:

  1. JENN! Where did your body go?!?! You are all sweet baby, baby : ) I feel your pain (especially thinking forward to five+ weeks from now). I wish I could be a babysitting friend for you! Love, Blayre

    ReplyDelete