Monday, January 24, 2011

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I decided to make pancakes since I am now allowed to have milk products again. Remember Judah had that milk allergy back in the "To Mommies" blogpost? Anyway, here I am to share another delicious experience and recipe in my culinary endeavors. Enjoy!

I thawed frozen strawberries and then cut them by hand.

Ingredients:

Dry
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tablespoons white sugar

Wet
1 ¼ cups milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg

Goodies
½ cup cut up strawberries
½ cup chocolate chips


I can fit about 8 pancakes on my griddle.

Directions
1.  Preheat the griddle/fying pan to medium heat.

2. Mix together all of the dry ingredients. 

3. Then add and mix the wet ingredients & goodies with the dry ingredients.

4. Stir all until mixed well but still lumpy.

5.  Spray either griddle/frying pan with shortening or butter  to keep pancakes from sticking.

6. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto cooking surface & leave approximately ¾ inches of space between each pancake.  (I find on a griddle you can make approximately 8 at a time).

7. Flip pancakes over when they seemed to have stopped bubbling up.

8. Make sure each pancake is fully cooked.  You can do this by sticking the side of the spatula or a knife into the top or bottom of the pancake and see that it comes out clean or just hope for the best.

9. Finally, remove pancakes from cooking surface and top with maple syrup, butter, &/or powdered sugar.

10. Bon Appetite!


Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment