Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Moving Forward

During the past four days I asked myself "Why is there nothing in the Bible about miscarriages?" I'm sure, since God allowed it, women must have gone through it since the beginning of time, but not once does the Word talk about losing a child before being born. I know that children have been taken away by God's hand before, as well as other loved ones, but just "why not"! What I am realizing now is, its not about the specific situation I should be looking into the Bible for, but the relation I have to people like Rachel in the mourning of the loss of a child (or any loss). The Word comforts me by letting me know I am not alone in the way I feel.

Matthew 2:18 "...weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted because they are no more."

But more importantly I am realizing that I am not in control of anything and He made plans for me I could never imagine, such as being married to my wonderful husband. I like the saying "Man Proposes, God Disposes", meaning that what I want and plan in life is not necessarily what God wants, and He sometimes changes my path drastically. It can be hard to accept, but I know God does these things because He loves me and also for the betterment of His kingdom in Heaven, where I know I already have a place.

Isaiah 55:8-11 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thought than your thoughts...my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

No comments:

Post a Comment