Monday, December 12, 2011

Pregnancy Weeks 19 & 20

Week 19 - This was the week of awful tiredness.  Judah and Timm both became sick and taking care of a whiny 1 year old who can't stop coughing at night will make anyone tired. I felt so bad for him all week, but we finally brought him to the doctor's.  Luckily what we thought was strep came back from the long distance lab as negative, so thankfully we double checked that.

Besides being tired I have felt really hungry often having to get up in the middle of the night to eat.  I have also grown significantly since Thanksgiving and not just from the food!   Speaking of food, this week I went out to eat twice and got dessert twice!  Such a decadent treat.  If you are out and about may I suggest the Brownie Obsession at TGIFriday's, I couldn't believe how good it was!

Week 20 - Speaking of sick, guess who is, me! I was surprised I didn't catch anything for as long as I did with two sick men in the house, but inevitably it happened and I am sluggish, tired, with my pounding head.  I am just wondering how moms of more than one child ever get by while being sick and taking care of their kids, its gotta be tough.  I give credit to those women, although I will probably become one of them!

So, I had to officially take my wedding rings off. How sad : (  I really don't like not wearing them, but the same thing happened with Judah.  My fingers swelled and I couldn't wear my rings for at least 5 months.  Some people are lucky and never have to remove their rings, but my body seems to retain water really easily, as you could see from my postpartum Judah pictures.  

This was also the week that I had my monthly check up with the doctor and he said everything looked great on the ultrasound and the heartbeat sounded great as usual.  I do have to go back for one more ultrasound because they could not get the profile shot of the baby or a picture of his heart.  I am definitely not complaining about getting another sneak peak at my baby boy : )

The most amazing part of this week is the amount of kicking I am feeling.  Timm has still not felt him from the outside, but he is moving like crazy.  I think Timm will be able to feel him soon because I thought for a moment that I saw him kick from the outside of my belly.  Once again, he moved to the lower portion of my belly and I could feel the solidness of him, even more-so this time.  I am pretty sure it was his back this time.  Very exciting!  Just 19 weeks or less!

I am officially 21 weeks today! I'll get a belly shot in before Christmas once I feel better : ) And maybe some more second baby boy shots too!

No comments:

Post a Comment