Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Cookies

These are the Christmas cookies I made for our Christmas Eve gathering my husband's family has every year.  I got this recipe from Food.com, they are called Tri-Cornered  Cream Cheese Cookies w/Jam Filling and they were amazing!  Truly a hit that I will be repeating for events to come.  I hope you have as much fun baking, sharing, and eating them as I did! 


I used Boysenberry and Strawberry Jam.
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package creamed cheese, softened 
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups  flour
1/4 teaspoon salt 
jam(s) of your choice
powdered sugar for sprinkling

The powdered sugar reminded me of snow, very festive.

Directions:
(The dough) 
1.In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter and cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg, flour, salt and blend well. 


*Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours for easy handling.

(Shaping & Baking)
2. Pre-heat oven to 375°F 

3. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to a 1/8" thickness.(Meanwhile keep rest of dough in fridge)
  
4. Cut with 2 & 1/2" round cookie cutter (I use a the mouth of a large cup) & place each round 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

5. Spoon 1 tsp jam on the center of each round.

6. To create the triangle shape, fold down 3 sides without covering the jam too much (I personally like to cover a little of the jam, the cookies look better after being baked.)  Pinch the corners to seal.

7. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute and remove from baking sheets.

8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar as desired and enjoy! 

1 comment: