|I used Boysenberry and Strawberry Jam.|
1 cup sugar
1 (3 ounce) package creamed cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
jam(s) of your choicepowdered sugar for sprinkling
|The powdered sugar reminded me of snow, very festive.|
1.In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter and cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg, flour, salt and blend well.
*Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours for easy handling.
(Shaping & Baking)
2. Pre-heat oven to 375°F
3. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to a 1/8" thickness.(Meanwhile keep rest of dough in fridge)
4. Cut with 2 & 1/2" round cookie cutter (I use a the mouth of a large cup) & place each round 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Spoon 1 tsp jam on the center of each round.
6. To create the triangle shape, fold down 3 sides without covering the jam too much (I personally like to cover a little of the jam, the cookies look better after being baked.) Pinch the corners to seal.
7. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute and remove from baking sheets.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar as desired and enjoy!